Friday, March 12, 2004

Spring Break is for dummies!

bass_pro2.jpgIts Friday afternoon right before Spring Break on the OC campus = ghost town. I WAS excited to learn that as a Staff member I get to partake of 1 day off during the week, but besides that it's pretty much a HUGE wake-up call into the Real World. No, we're not going to a beautiful beach somewhere or skiing or on a mission trip. Instead, I'll be working & Ben will be doing homework & research papers all week. Trying to be conscious of our budget & our attempting to be financially responsible does have its downsides. We'll just keep playing that saying by Dave Ramsey, "Live like no one else so that you can live like no one else," over & over in our minds.


We will be taking a short trip up to ole' Springfield Missouri... land of the granddaddy Bass Pro & cashew chicken. I hope to spend a couple of minutes with my dad in the midst of tax season (I think he penciled me in). Springfield has really changed since I last lived there, downtown has turned into more of an artsy district with a lot to do. For those of you who have the pleasure of having a Spring Break, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment