Friday, July 31, 2009

The more you praise & celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

It’s about time Friday got here already! What a fun bday week this was…

The Birthday Girl
Even though I spent most of the day at work, Ben had beautiful flowers delivered to my office & gave me THE funniest singing bday card ever! That night we went out with some good friends to my favorite sushi restaurant, Bluefin. While we were waiting for our meal, the fire alarm went off & proceeded to go off for the next 20-30 minutes. The funny thing is that this exact same thing happened last year when we were there for my bday! All in all, it was a very nice 29th bday & I’m still excited to celebrate with my fam in a few weeks when we go to MO.

Scene 1
Couple laying in bed watching TV commercial.
Ben That movie actually looks kinda good.
Monica Oh yeah, is that the one with the hamsters?
Ben (sarcastically) Uh no, they’re guinea pigs - hence the “G” in G-Force - that have super powers to help save the universe.
Couple laughs together & proceed to have a tickle fight.

Toto, I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas any more.
Yesterday, just as I pulled into our driveway coming home from work, the tornado sirens went off. Ben had 4 & 5 o’clock appts. & I later found out that he counseled right through the sirens & simply moved into an interior room without windows (now that’s dedication!). We are dog sitting for our neighbors, so it was just me & the pups. Our “safe place” is a tiny hallway closet, so that was fun getting the 3 of us crammed in there armed with a flashlight & my iPhone. I checked their collars to make sure they had identification in case they got sucked up - unlike Ben, I always assume there WILL be a tornado. Cali & Layla even stayed in the closet for awhile after it was safe & I got out, so I think it was like a fun game for them.

Movie Critiques
Gran Torino (A+) - EXCELLENT film that breaks all age/racial barriers
Bolt (B+) - very funny, I’m liking talking cartoon animals more & more
Revolutionary Road (A) - I liked it so much that I bought the book, but not for those that don’t enjoy very real, depressing films that make you question life
The Proposal (A-) - one of my top 5 chick flicks I’ve ever seen, I think Ben could even stomach this one
Con Air (D+) - in my defense, it was on TBS HD & there was nothing else on

There is talk among Benica about a possible Gatlinburg anniversary trip, so Smoky Mountains here we come! I have prolonged getting my morning coffee for long enough - happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment