Friday, July 17, 2009

You have four years to be irresponsible here. Relax. Work is for people with jobs.

Welcome to your ACTUAL Friday Friday blog post. It’s been awhile & if I had the choice I would keep the 4-day work weeks going indefinitely!

Arrested Development Train
This has been called the Best Show You Never Watched, The Best Show NOT on TV & Perhaps the Best Show ...Ever by some. Ron Howard had the original idea to create a comedy in the style of hand-held cameras & reality television, but with an elaborate, highly-comical script resulting from repeated rewritings & rehearsals. When multiple friends of ours kept telling us to watch it, but mostly after we got tired of not getting all the inside jokes, we finally relented & are so glad we did! There were only 3 seasons before it was canceled, but no need to fear - they are coming out with an AD movie in ‘10.

Families of Origin
For those of you who don’t speak therapist, the term "Family of Origin" refers to the family that you grew up in - usually your parents and siblings. When you get married, you get to find out all kinds of big & little differences of what “normal” means to both of you. Ben & I discovered one of these BIG differences over ice cream. Ben grew up in a family with 4 siblings & when they had ice cream they each received 1 scoop. I, on the other hand, grew up in a family with only 2 siblings & we were dipped a cereal-sized bowl heaping of ice cream which Ben now refers to as “Baggett” portions.

Ingenious Advertising
Recently, we were on one of our OK road trips & I happened to be driving (which does not happen much b/c Ben is our designated long trip driver). I saw a Starbucks billboard sign that read, “You’re in the driver’s seat.” which made me think to myself, “Yeah, I AM in the driver’s seat!” as I exited & paid $4 for a fru fru drink. Somehow that sign empowered me to make the decision they were marketing me to make - ingenious! I also saw on my Starbucks receipt yesterday that if brought my receipt back in that day after 2P I could get a Grande cold drink for $2 which I seriously considered doing, but never would have without that coupon. Side note: the first professional job I applied for after college was for a marketing position at the Starbucks headquarters in Seattle.

Random Pet Peeves
*When people mix up Memorial Day & Labor Day in almost every conversation one of these holidays comes up in.
*They’re/their/there…enough said.
*Toilet seat = down when not being used @ my house people (a.k.a. Ben).

Peace out my loyal blog readers…only 52 more days until another paid work holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment