Taking the Leap
Some exciting news that has happened in the past few weeks is that I am in transition of going part-time at my job. They are looking for my replacement & then I will continue working part-time. I will be focusing on starting my own home staging business as well as another business venture that Ben & I will be doing together. Am I terrified? Yes. Am I excited? Yes. Do I feel like this is crazy? Definitely.
I see people I know left & right moving up the corporate ladder or starting a family or moving across the country or the world. The problem is that Ben & I dream big & the even bigger problem is thinking that our dreams may actually come true, if we just try. This week we invested in a 4×6 dry erase board which we found on Craigslist & this Sat we plan on having 2 brainstorming sessions about our secret business venture which will be unveiled shortly. Watch out world - here we come!
Thank you, hubby!
I was thinking the other day about how so often I focus on things around the house that Ben DOESN'T do rather than the things he DOES do. The following is a honey-do list of things I take for granted, but am incredibly grateful that I do not have to do:
- pick up Cali’s poop in the back yard
- change the air filter every 3 months
- take care of bugs, spiders & anything in our house not human or canine (a bird actually flew into our house once)
- yard work
- changing the oil in our cars himself (I didn't realize there was an alternative to Jiffy Lube)
- taking down & putting up our x-mas tree from the attic