Friday, March 26, 2010

Essentially what we have here is one of those stories where a mother lifts her car to save her baby.

Ben kinda stole my thunder for my Friday blog with his previous post about what’s been going on with us. Good thing I am creative & will just have to wing it!
Craigslist Fiasco
Last weekend we invested in a firmer mattress that we bought from our friend’s estate sale. Who knew you could sleep 10x’s better if you had support & weren’t constantly gravitating towards the center of your mattress where it sloped in the middle? After WWIII while trying to decide whether to get rid of our queen mattress or the full mattress in the guest bedroom, we decided to list the queen on Craigslist for $100.

We did get several inquiries due to my amazing staging skills that I used for the pic we posted. Unfortunately, our anxiety got the best of us & we opted to donate it to the DAV rather than dealing with the craziness that is Craigslist! Having nice people come pick up our mattress & feeling good about donating to a good cause won over dealing with strangers emailing & calling us with all kinds of deals & haggling.

Here are some small adventures that happened to us this week:
  • I saved 15 cents just by bringing reusable bags to Target & Whole Foods
  • Learning Japanese Reiki was actually fun & not as wacky as I thought it would be
  • I watched the movie Remember Me with a friend & am begging Ben to go see it with me again this weekend
  • Panera makes amazing bunny sugar cookies with lemon frosting around Easter
  • Apparently, Memphis humidity can make hand-tossed pizza look like thin-crust pizza
  • Watching movies where the actors smoke & drink all the time makes me want to smoke & drink
  • Ben is killing my buzz by buying documentaries about the way our bodies work & the food we eat
New Blog Segment Unveiling
I have a friend that is a home stager who had a great idea to blog about projects she does around her house. I love doing this kind of thing & have decided to incorporate this into my Friday blog in the near future, so stay tuned. This will consist of before/after shots & good deals I get because if there’s anything in this world I like, it’s a good deal!

On the way to work this morning I said to Ben, “Guess what I want to do this weekend?” to which he responded, “Probably a whole lot of stuff with me.” He was right on. We have been asking ourselves a lot of “What if…?” questions like, “What if we didn’t live for the weekends?” or “What if I started my career over from scratch?” The story we find ourselves in has a high probability of change & I can’t wait! Here’s to hoping that you do not “live for the weekends”!

No comments:

Post a Comment