Friday, February 12, 2010

To make the journey and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all.

Is this not the most romantic thing you've ever seen? Last night we were driving around & Ben dropped the "I didn't get you flowers for Valentine's Day" bomb. He then attempted to convince me that V-day has become a material venture & told me that if love is based on him getting me flowers for V-day, then he doesn't really love me ...so we decided to have a loveless marriage. Then, we went to The Fresh Market & I picked out the flowers I wanted. Ben got a magnet.

Click here to read about our first V-day together as a married couple.

411
My mom thought something was horribly wrong when I did not post my usual Friday blog last week. I have been learning a lot of life lessons these past few weeks:
  • I should NOT read vampire books right before going to bed (I actually had a Twilight/LOST combo dream which put me over the edge)
  • I decided that it's ok to make big life decisions to do something good based on selfish reasons
  • Ben & I can destroy every room in a clean house in the course of a single day
  • I confirmed that we do in fact have the CUTEST puppy in the world regardless of how stinky she is
  • The gas light in our car is capable of completely changing our attitudes in the morning
Snow Days
Monday morning Ben & I rolled out of bed much too late & proceeded to get somewhat presentable for work. We were about to leave & Ben opened the back door to let Cali out. "Whoa baby, you need to come see this!" We were astonished to see 4" of beautiful, white snow covering our world! We both called our offices & sure enough it was an unexpected snow day.

Ben & I have very different views of snow days ...I love them more than chocolate & he mopes around & would rather be at work. Fortunately for me, Ben had been pretty stressed out at work & was able to enjoy spending the day doing donuts in parking lots, watching movies & reading our books like old people.

ScreamFree Review
Last week I had my 1-yr. official review & Ben had an impromptu 3-month review at work. Mine went well, I'm a good employee, do a great job, here's a raise, blah, blah, blah ...except for one minor issue. Apparently, some of my co-workers had made the observation to my boss that I have been on Facebook.

My ScreamFree response to this was, "Huh, I wish they would have said this to me because I would have told them to stop looking at my monitor & to get back to work." This relieved the tension & caused my boss to break out into a deep, rolling laugh. Ben thought this was a great response & applauded my effort to not triangle myself with my co-workers & my boss. What would our world be like if everyone only said positive things in the work environment?

I know that many more insightful & humorous things have happened to us in the past 2 wks, but this is your Friday tidbit. Happy Valentine's Day everyone - I hope you spend it with someone you love!

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I missed your blog last friday too :( Those flowers are beautiful. Y'all have a good vday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I told you lately that I love your Friday posts? They always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete