Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Life on the Other Side

I had a friend text me the other day asking me how life was on the other side to which I responded “wonderful”! I am in week 3 since I decided to quit my job & I wish I could say that I had figured out the perfect career, but alas life has a way of distracting me & for some reason fortune cookies aren’t that specific. Ben & I spent week 1 being counselors at my dad’s camp session in Missouri so that week didn’t really count. The first part of week 2 was spent recovering from camp, unpacking & getting our house ready for company because Ben’s friend Patrick came from OK to spend a week with us over the 4th.

Our little family is at a crossroads right now in our lives. We are on the verge of becoming “The American Dream” with 2.5 kids & a white picket fence. We know that the decisions we make now will affect the rest of our lives - where to live, what jobs we have, what house to buy, etc. Part of us wants to keep our adventurous spirit & move halfway around the world to New Zealand or to Colorado & another part of us wants to be even closer to family so that our kids will grow up really knowing their grandparents, aunts & uncles.

There are couples that allow their kids to become the center of their world & squeeze out anything they were interested in as a couple or as individuals, which we do not want. However, we wouldn’t be cruel enough not to create the beautiful children that our genes will no doubt create (you know what I’m talking about if you’ve seen Ben’s baby pictures). The problem is that there’s never a good time to have kids so you just have to squeeze them in sometime eventually.

All of this said, we are VERY blessed & we have wonderful lives & a lot of people that care about us in this world. We will continue to pray about all of these things & as Curt Sparks once said, “look for the markers to line up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment