Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Disturbing Movie of the Year

There are just those movies that disturb you. When I was 9 I saw Nightmare on Elm Street and I slept facing my closet door until I moved to college. About the same age, I saw Jaws and to this day cannot swim in the deep end of a pool alone without panicking. It is amazing the power of movies to change your behavior. Well, I have a feeling I have seen another one of those… Open Water. I will not spoil the movie for you, but we watched it on Monday and we can’t get it out of our minds. Basically, two scuba divers are accidentally left in the ocean and struggle to survive, and of course, there are sharks. The rest of the movie is an intense psychodrama, and that’s all I’m gonna tell you. Monica and I are still recovering.


On the lighter side of things, the funniest movie we have seen this year is Napoleon Dynamite. We both watched it when we were sick and didn’t think it was funny at all, but a few days after we watched it, we couldn’t stop laughing about it. Then, we saw it with our church class at Craig and Merschon’s house and almost died laughing.


By the way, we have a pretty big surprise coming up for our loyal blog readers. We have been excited about it for some time, but have been hesitant to talk about it. Make sure you check back on Saturday or Sunday for the big news!

No comments:

Post a Comment