Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving and Birthday Fun

We had a great Thanksgiving break in Springdale, AR and Springfield, MO. Thanksgiving dinner was brought to you by Cracker Barrel. I've decided this is the best way to do it. They have a special Thanksgiving plate with all the classics-sweet potato casserole, ham, turkey, stuffing, sides of your choice, and pumpkin pie for dessert. Basically, it keeps you from eating too much and you don't have to worry about dishes or leftovers. I was fully sated and felt fine afterwards. I really do think this is the way to go. . .

I was going to try to avoid it, but it was also my birthday weekend. I hate my birthday and try to downplay it as much as possible, but Monica made me celebrate it. So, Tuesday night we went to Bluefin (just the two of us and I didn't have to invite anyone!) and I opened my presents from her. First, I opened a present and it was a shirt from the GAP sales rack. Monica made an excellent selection—it was on sale and it looks good. Then, I got black socks from her, but in one of the socks was a big lump. I was thinking it was pack of gum and would have been fine with that, but no, it was a freaking 2 GB iPod nano. Being the grateful person I am, I immediately asked how much it cost. Prepared for the answer, Monica said she paid $50 for it, her parents chipped in $50, and the third $50 came from MY Best Buy gift cards I hadn't used yet. So, that made it a little better knowing she didn't drop $150 from our account on it. Now, I am just trying to get used to something I would never dream of buying for myself (I'm not trying to sound self-righteous, I just hate spending money). I'm not sure what to do when I get nice presents like that. Besides that, I got birthday money, and I will try to save it for as long as I can before someone makes me spend it. Fortunately for her, I tend to spend money when I get down (in my mood, not at the club).

Anyway, we came home Saturday in time for me to watch the OU/OSU game at Buffalo Wild Wings. We didn't go to Oklahoma this year because I didn't want to. Sometimes you just make decisions like that for no good or bad reason at all. They all called on my birthday yesterday and sang Happy Birthday to me on the phone, so it was like I was there. Now, I must put together a paper before Thursday at 1 PM, which by some miracle, I have already started, but don't plan to finish until 12:45 PM or later on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment