Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thermostatistician

Here’s my question:


What do you set your thermostats on during the day and during the night in the summer? I need to make sure I am not abusing my wife by the high temperatures I keep our place. During the day we keep our thermostat at 82 and at night 77/78. I am of the school of thought that we can get used to whatever we put the thermostat at within reason. I have also been trained to believe that giving up comfort for saving money is always a good deal.


I am guessing we are on the warmer side compared to many of our friends and blog readers, but it would be nice to know if we are crazy or normal. The hardest part of the whole thing is how we had to shed our security blanket—you know, that blanket on your bed that really serves no purposes except to give you some weird sense of security.


Please do not respond and make us feel guilty if you are in a country that does not have A/C, or at least only the rich people have it. I realize in most of the world they do not even have air conditioners. I think this is why the heat wave in France (high temperatures reaching above 86!) is so dangerous. You just have to tough it out.


I am disappointed that nobody shares my hatred of the Hicks/Ford commercial.


P.S. Monica’s birthday is tomorrow!!! YAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment