Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Close to Home

On the way home from Nashville, we were listening to the radio and heard that 27 people died last weekend in Iraq, including 2 American soldiers. Every time I hear about soldiers losing their lives, I worry about my 2nd cousin, Wesley, as he is in Iraq. I (Ben) talked to my dad on Sunday and he told me that Wesley was injured in Iraq by a roadside bomb that hit the jeep he was in. Unfortunately, the two other soldiers in the jeep with Wesley died, but fortunately he lived, but with some serious injuries. He is in Germany right now recovering. Please pray for Wesley and his family during this time.


I can't imagine what they are going through right now. Something like that really brings the war close to home. I feel like we dog the war and debate why we are in it more than we show concern for the lives that are being affected. I'll be the first to say that I don't think or pray enough about something that is touching so many lives. Whether or not we agree with the war, we have to agree that the soldiers like Wesley are true heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment