Friday, June 9, 2006

The Da Vinci Code: A Call to Creativity

My beef with the prevalence of The Da Vinci Code church discussions is the lack of originality I hear for the titles of these classes. Regardless of the fact that we have a class aimed at debunking fiction, I am more concerned with the title of the classes. Decoding the Code, Decoding the Da Vinci Code, Debunking the Code, and similar ones all wreak of a lack of creativity. I am calling for more creative titles for these courses. Here is my list so far:


1. Da Crack for Da Code (getting there, but only a C+)
2. Dan Brown: The Code Cracker (funnier in certain cultural regions)
3. The Da Vinci Crap or The Da Vinci Commode (only a community church could pull these off)
4. Da Only Way to Get You to Come to Wednesday Night Church
5. Da Usual (for Catholic churches, get it?)

6. Da Reason Da Vinci Code is Da Fiction
7. Opus Pocus (Subtitle: The Da Vinci Code and Opus Dei)
8. Searching through the Smoke of Da Vinci's Crack (my favorite, but only a B for making sense)


Please feel free to add your own creative titles!

No comments:

Post a Comment