Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Revised Unstandard Version of My Wedding Vows

Love is patient... I will not always be patient with you when I am in a hurry.
Love is kind... I will not always be kind to you when I am not feeling good about myself.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud... I will envy, boast, and be proud (especially when I feel insecure).
It is not rude... I will be rude--it just slips out sometimes! Other times I think I want it to hurt you--I'm wrong when I do that.
It is not self-seeking... I am not above self-seeking when I really want something.
It is not easily angered... I will be easily angered from time to time, especially when I feel threatened.
It keeps no record of wrongs... I will keep a secret tally of wrongs, dwell on them, and occasionally pull them out when I want my way or feel entitled to something.
Love does not delight in evil... It might go against what I want to do, but sometimes I will delight in evil and avoid the truth, even to your face. I need grace during these times.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres... I will not always be able to protect you, trust you fully, have hope, or persevere.
Love never fails... I will fail you...

But love won’t, and I promise to do my best to love you and let love do its work in our relationship, as God is love, and is capable of perfect love. My failures will point to our need for His perfect love in our marriage.

2 comments:

  1. Dude! This is fantastic. Would you put this up on the 2010 marriage group on facebook? I think more people should see this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for saying what we all need to say. God bless you and your marriage.

    ReplyDelete