Thursday, September 15, 2005

Important Movie—Crash

Important movies are those in which you are entertained not in that satisfying way that Hollywood usually leaves you, but in the way that your values and convictions are challenged. Hotel Rwanda, for example, is an important movie to watch. Schindler’s List is definitely on the list as well. In fact you have a mental list of important movies in your life. Crash is an important movie.


Released just recently in the movie stores, Crash takes you on the roller coaster you weren’t sure you really wanted to go on, but you did anyway because you thought you could take it, and then afterwards you didn’t know what to think about it. It challenges your stereotypes, prejudices, sense of justice, and other parts of you that you didn’t know you had. I’ve never had my heart beat so hard in a movie.


However, I must make a disclaimer: This movie definitely has bad language in it as well as some uncomfortable sexual scenarios. Also, it might make you really mad. Please don’t channel that anger at me, I just think it is an important movie. This is also not a date movie, and you won’t feel uplifted after watching it. In fact, I don’t want to be responsible for anything, so I am not recommending this movie. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment